Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trick - O - Treat!

So I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of Halloween. It just has never been one that I look forward to or want to really get into. I don't like scary costumes and spooky things and the way the world portrays the holiday is just evil. But, there are aspects of the holiday that I enjoy - like carving pumpkins, corn mazes and pumpkin patches, the kick off of Fall, and picking out cute outfits for my kiddos to wear.

The other thing I admit is that I play BUNCO....and I love it, a lot. Us girls get together once a month, laugh a lot and have a great time! This month was my turn to host and I got a little carried away....but doing a halloween themed treat station was just way too much fun!


I used a black and orange color scheme - very classic Halloween colors. I gave it a retro feel using the polkadots thourghout and striped paper straws (which I love by the way - the paper straws come in a variety of colors and just add this little touch of fun to every beverage). 


Chocolate cake balls dipped in orange flavored melts - SO good.



Mini Cheesecakes - I used the no-bake cheese cake mix you can buy at the grocery store. It is a very easy recipe to whip up and is so fun in the mini version! Plus, who doesn't love a personal sized cheese cake in a polkadot cup!?!



A close up view of my paper straws. I made straw flags to go on each one. Such an easy extra touch to make drinks so festive!



I also had candy kabobs. I used skewers to put different Halloween candy on. I just love the way they added a little fun decor to the spread of treats.




Mini Caramel Apples! Um, yumm!! i used a melon baller to make the Granny Smith apples mini sized. I then dipped them in melted butterscotch chips. They turned out so good! A great thing to experiment with too! Maybe next time I will try them with peanut butter coating. 




Thanks for checking it out! Happy Fall!!

No comments: