Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Boo!

I just had to share this very simple project I did this Fall. I had my niece Jasmin over one day and we went to town making these adorable mason jar jack-o-lanterns. I can't wait to light them in our window on Halloween!





What you need:

Glass jars
orange tissue paper
mod podge
black construction paper
paint brush

First, cut 1 inch strips of orange tissue paper the length that will cover from the top of the jar to the just under the bottom. Then dilute the mod podge - 1 part water to 3 parts mod podge. Brush the mixture onto the jar and place the strips of tissue paper over it. Cover the entire jar this way. Then cut out your jack-o-laterns face with the black construction paper and attach to jar. Last you will want to brush a coat of the mod podge mixture over the entire jar. Let dry over night, then put a lit tea light in it and enjoy!

No comments: