Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Train Party Theme

For a few weeks I have been making plans for a baby shower in honor of my friend Bobbie who will be welcoming baby #2 in a few weeks - a baby boy, Wesley! And you know me, I love me a good party to plan! So, I went to town working on a theme and table decor. I chose the color scheme of red, aqua and white. I fell in love instantly when I started pulling out all kinds of fun paper and fabric in those colors. It is just such a fun color combo. Plus, this gave me a good excuse to put my silhouette to use! I loved the idea of doing a train theme and was able to find an image that would work just perfect for the cupcake toppers and other decor. I also had a William Sonoma train cake pan that I have been dying to use, perfect! Here are a few photos of the food table.





Here is the train cake that I did. I used the William Sonoma Train cake pan. I then added candy in the coordinating party colors. I found lots of red colored candy but the aqua/blue color was a little harder to find. But, I hit up the Sweat Factory and they had a few options for me. I love the blue sixlets in the fourth car! 

I used my Silhouette machine to cut out the adorable cupcake wrappers and then also for cutting the train image and scalloped circles for the cupcake toppers. Have I mentioned I LOVE my silhouette?!?!



So, I found a recipe via Pinterest that was for old fashioned popcorn. What a perfect thing for the apothocary on the table. And it is SO good! If you like kettle corn then you will like this popcorn! And popcorn is such a great item to fill an apothocary.

And finally the water bottles. I have been wanting to try and make custom labels for water bottles for a while. And it was really simple!

Happy Party Planning everyone!



Linkin' up to:

Link Party

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

You are so talented! I love seeing all your creations :)