Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Love Day!

After Christmas decorations came down I was on a HUGE kick to change up some decorations in my house and really get a few rooms whipped into shape. First on the agenda though was to make a few valentine decorations that I have had in my head for a while. I love how both of these things turned out. And the best part was that I was able to just use things I had around the house so these two projects cost me nothing!


For this project I used an old backing to a frame that I had saved from when I made a previous project. I covered the cardboard party with fabric using my trusty ol' hot glue gun (love that thing!) and then went to town making the rolled rosettes with white felt that I had around. I then used a one inch strip of fabric that was red with little white hearts on it (used for the second project below) to add a strip across the top. I then printed up the word 'LOVE' on my computer, glued that on and it was done!



So, these felt balls can be a little time consuming but are just so darn cute! The ones that are red are  very simple. I just cut one inch strips of fabric long enough to wrap around the width of the foam ball and left a little over lap. Then wrap the fabric and use a pin to keep it in place. Continue that until it is covered. So simple. I did two different types of white ones. The one on top is 1.5 inch circles cut and then folded into quarters and pinned into the foam ball. Really easy but it just takes time for all the cutting. The ball that is on the bottom is made with  1.5 inch circles that are cut in half. I then wrapped them to look like a cone and hot glued them to the foam ball - warning, dangerous! I only burned my finger once, thank goodness, but yowza....no joke it is **hot** glue!!



Linking up to:







1 comment:

Jen said...

Saw you over on Made by you Monday! Cute decor! I love the rose heart.