Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reading Nook

Over the last few months we have been transitioning Kora's room from being the nursery to being a  'big girl' room. Part of that transition was changing her bed, moving out the changing table and replacing it with her toys. But I had also been wanting to create a reading area....or as Kora calls it 'her fort'. I used pvc piping to build the frame for it and then sewed a cover for it. I also made a pillow that would fit the bottom of it so it would be nice and cozy. I love how it turned out!





Here is a shot of the frame. It was pvc piping that we used but I covered it with fabric to hide the white and unattractive piping. We made Kora's fort to be 3ft x 3ft.  

1 comment:

Tmuffin.com said...

Ack! That is awesome! I may have to steal the idea of making a fort frame out of PVC. I don't have room for a permanent reading abode, but I could always make it removable, and just fold up the fabric cover and stash it away with the pipe pieces when not in use! I'm pinning this!